The Mallinckrodt Community Center
1041A Ridge Road
Center Manager: Ruthie Brew
Center Assistant: Joan Buchanan
Mallinckrodt Community Center Membership
Programs at the Center focus exclusively on active adults, age 50 and better. Our mission is to facilitate the enjoyment of life, providing the place, ways and means to do so. An annual membership provides for participation in many free programs and activities, and a discount on ones that are fee based. Benefits include access to a fitness room, library with online computers, a monthly newsletter and priority registration for all programs and activities which include:
- Enrichment and recreational programming
- Fitness classes such as Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates
- Games such as Bridge, Bunco and Canasta
- Day trips to the theater, museums and casinos
- Overnight trips around the country
- Parties, speakers, movies, music and more!
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may join at any time with the membership lasting one year. The annual membership fee is $30. We invite you to stop by and visit us.
A Special Thanks . . .
The Mallinckrodt Community Center extends its thanks and appreciation to the many organizations that support and help fund our special events and programs.
Fitness Room Available
Two treadmills, cycles and a weight bench are ready and waiting for use. The Fitness Room is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m. and provides a pleasant space in which to work out, get fit and stay fit. This is a Center membership benefit.
Online Computers in the Library
The Center Library, well-stocked with books, newspapers and magazines, also has online computers as a membership benefit.Come in to do research or check your e-mail. Computer classes are available.
Discounts for Wilmette Senior Citizens
Must be Wilmette resident, age 65 or older, with proper identification
- Wilmette Tennis Club memberships are discounted 25%
- Centennial Ice Rink passes are discounted 50%
- Recreation classes at the Community Recreation Center are discounted 25%, except those designated for Adults 50 & up--they have already been discounted
- Wilmette Golf Club memberships are discounted
- Gillson Beach and Centennial Family Aquatic Center passes are discounted 50%
- Summer Boat spaces are discounted 25%
Registration, cancellation & refund policy
Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis payable at the time of registration. In case of day trip cancellations, refunds will be issued only if we are able to fill the opening from a wait list. There is a 10% service charge, or a minimum of $5 on all trip cancellations. A full refund is provided when we cancel a program or activity due to low registration.