The Mallinckrodt Community Center is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may join at any time with the membership lasting one year.
The annual membership fee is $40. We invite you to stop by and visit us.
Programs at the center focus exclusively on active adults. Our mission is to facilitate the enjoyment of life, providing the place, ways and means to do so. An annual membership provides for participation in many free programs and activities, and a discount on ones that are fee based. Benefits include access to a fitness room, library with online computers, a monthly newsletter and priority registration for all programs and activities which include:
- Enrichment and recreational programming
- Fitness classes such as Tai Chi, Yoga and Zumba
- Games such as Bridge, Bunco and Canasta
- Day trips to the theater, museums and casinos
- Overnight trips around the country
- Parties, speakers, movies, music and more!
Two treadmills, cycles and a weight bench are ready and waiting for use. The Fitness Room is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m. and provides a pleasant space in which to work out and stay fit. This is a Center membership benefit.
Online Computers in the Library
The Center Library, well-stocked with books, newspapers and magazines, also has online computers as a membership benefit. Come in to do research or check your email. Computer classes are available.
A bi-monthly newsletter is mailed to members of The Mallinckrodt Community Center. Click here to read newsletters and check activity calendars online.
Trips leave from The Mallinckrodt Center, 1041A Ridge Road unless instructed otherwise.
Available through the Mallinckrodt Center
- Podiatrist: One Saturday per month.
- Senior Assistance Service NEW
2nd Wednesday of the month, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
A senior resource specialist will be at the Center to assist with information, referral, and advocacy regarding government benefits, community resources, and other needs or concerns. This free service is kindly provided by CJE Senior Life
Call 847-256-9623 for information on making appointments.
Discounts for Wilmette Seniors
Must be Wilmette resident, age 65 or older, with proper identification
- Tennis Memberships are discounted 25%
- Ice Skating passes are discounted 50%
- Recreation classes at the Community Recreation Center are discounted 25%, except those designated for Adults 50 plus--they have already been discounted
- Golf Course memberships are discounted
- Gillson Beach and Centennial Pool passes are discounted 50%
- Summer Boat spaces are discounted 25%