About Gillson Park and the Wilmette Beaches
- Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other spring and summer outdoor activities.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Gillson Park EXCEPT during special events such as Independence Day. Leashes must not exceed 10 feet in length and owners are responsible for clean-up. Dogs wearing Beach Permit tags are allowed off-leash in the fenced Dog Beach area located between the pier and the harbor mouth at the south end of Gillson Park. Dogs are NOT allowed on the public swimming and sailing beaches.
- Public swimming and wading are allowed in the buoyed swimming area only.
- Langdon Park Beach is open for swimming and operates under the same rules as Gillson Beach. Season Passes or a Daily Admission fee are required for admission.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park or on the beaches.
- When safety hazards are present, the beach and water may be closed temporarily at the discretion of the Lakefront Manager.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the water except U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets when worn properly.
Gillson Park Amenities
- 59.2 acres
- Gillson Beach
- Lakeview Center
- Sailboat Rentals
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Fitness Course
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelter
- Tot Lot
- Wallace Bowl
- Lighted Ice Rink
- Dog Beach
Beach Admission Daily Fees
$5 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
$2.50 from 6-8 p.m.
$9.75 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
$5 from 6-8 p.m.
Staff, Hours, & Contact Info
Lakefront Manager: Holly Specht, CPRP
Assistant Lakefront Manager: Katy Bradford
Beach Hours Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as daylight permits)
Concession Hours Daily: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (or as conditions permit)
Lakefront Conditions (recorded information): 847-256-0333
Beach House: 847-256-9661