Master Improvement Plan
This Master Plan was prepared to address aspects of the golf course including functional, strategic, playability and operational issues to improve the golf facilities at the Wilmette Golf Club. This study and its recommendations propose to define and expose the strengths and improve the weaknesses of this golf course, while remaining sensitive to financial impacts, the natural environment, the existing golfing constituency and the original design concepts.
Three primary issues were identified as the most pressing items to address in this study. Specifically this Master Plan proposes to
- Improve the turf conditions of the golf course, specifically as it relates to the drainage of the golf course after a rain event
- Provide greater enjoyment and playability for any caliber of golfer
- Lessen maintenance requirements
The Master Plan is intended as a tool for budgeting, planning and improvement of the golf course. The goal is to improve the golf experience for every ability, including golf layout, playability, drainage, landscaping amenities, cart paths and other features while addressing maintenance requirements and safety considerations.
This Master Plan was completed using the following process to deliver a positive working plan to meet the Mission of this Master Plan.
- Interviews and data collection
- Golf course review, analysis and dialogue
- Concept planning and review
- Concept plan refinement
- Preliminary Master Plan
- Preliminary phasing and cost estimation
- Final plan preparation
- Plan delivery