Sheridan Road and Michigan Avenue
Gillson Beach, Swimming, Lakeview Center,
Sailing, Sailboat Rentals, Lighted Tennis Courts,
Softball, Fitness Course, Picnic Areas, Picnic Shelter,
Tot Lot, Wallace Bowl, Lighted Ice Rink, Dog Beach
Click here to view/download a map of Gillson Park that shows parking and picnic areas.
Gillson Park & Wilmette Beaches
Lake Avenue at Lake Michigan
Lakeview Center: 847-256-9656
Chestnut Avenue and Sheridan Road
Lakefront Manager: Holly Specht, CPRP
Assistant Lakefront Manager: Tim Amorella
Opening Date: Saturday, May 26
Closing Date: Monday, September 3
Lakefront Conditions (recorded information): 847-256-0333
Beach Hours Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as daylight permits)
Beach House: 847-256-9660
Concession Hours Daily: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as conditions permit)
About Gillson Park and the Wilmette Beaches
- Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other spring and summer outdoor activities.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Gillson Park EXCEPT during special events such as Independence Day. Leashes must not exceed 10 feet in length and owners are responsible for clean-up. Dogs wearing Beach Permit tags are allowed off-leash in the fenced Dog Beach area located between the pier and the harbor mouth at the south end of Gillson Park. Dogs are NOT allowed on the public swimming and sailing beaches.
- Public swimming and wading are allowed in the buoyed swimming area only.
- Langdon Park Beach is open for swimming and operates under the same rules as Gillson Beach. Season Passes or a Daily Admission fee are required for admission.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park or on the beaches.
- When safety hazards are present, the beach and water may be closed temporarily at the discretion of the Lakefront Manager.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the water except U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets when worn properly.
Gillson Park Grilling Permits
- Grilling permits are available at Lakeview Center from January 1 to May 24 during regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Beginning May 25 through Sept. 2 they are also available at the Beach House Office everyday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pre-reservations for picnic areas are available to Wilmette residents only.
- No charge for RESIDENT picnic permits.
- Non-Resident picnic permits are $10.
- Permit hours are 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; 2-5 p.m.; 5-8 p.m.
- All grilling must be done on existing Park District grills.
Gillson Park Outdoor Shelter Rentals
- Available May 1-September 30 in four-hour periods: 7-11 a.m.; 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; and 4-8 p.m.
- Parties of 35 people or less receive rental of half the shelter. Parties of 36 people or more must rent the entire shelter.
- Residents: May make reservations in advance, starting January 1. Rental is available to Wilmette residents at no charge.
- Non-Residents: Reservations are accepted on same day rental as desired. Cost is $25 for half the shelter; $50 for entire shelter.