WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
Golf Operations Committee Meeting Minutes
8:30 a.m. - Saturday, September 10, 2016
Golf Course Clubhouse
Commissioners: Chair, Stephanie Foster, Shelley Shelly
Staff: Jeff Bowen, Steve Wilson, Adam Kwiatkoski, Nick Marfise
Commissioner Gordon Anderson
I. Meeting Called to Order
Meeting called to order at 8:30 a.m.
II. Approval of Minutes
Commissioner Shelly moved and Commissioner Foster seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the August 13, 2016 Golf Committee meeting. All approved by general consent.
III. Communications and Correspondence
IV. Recognition of Visitors
Mr. Frank Charhut thanked the staff for their support with the Don Morrison memorial fund. He also shared that the reputation of course is growing amongst the members of the CDGA.
V. Managers’ Reports
Nick Marfise (Golf Course Superintendent) reported on the following:
- Showed pictures of the course following the last flood.
- Updated the Committee on the maintenance that is being done on the course. Seed is being planted to repair the damage.
- The players are being kept informed on the progress through the golf blog and photos.
- The driving range bunker is being reconstructed and will be unavailable until next season.
Adam Kwiatkoski (Golf General Manager) reported on the following:
- The course was closed two days in August and for 5 days there were no golf carts.
- August rounds were down 10% compared to 2015. Other area courses have similar statistics.
- Camps are finished. Over 350 kids participated which is similar to 2015.
- Foot Joy representatives came in and did custom shoe fittings. 25 pairs of shoes were sold. This is a great service to offer members.
- Wednesday’s Lady League concluded. 17 ladies participated on the last day.
- TPC Memorial Tournament took place on Friday, September 9 with over 100 golfers.
- Men’s Club championship is currently underway.
- Numerous outings will be taking place in the next few weeks.
- In preparation for the Golf Cart fleet purchase staff is demoing golf carts. Staff and members are being asked to complete a survey to offer feedback. This is the11th season for the current fleet. The replacement cost will be approximately $400,000.
- The Dick Morrison memorial is fully funded. Staff is looking at construction costs.
VI. Unfinished Business
The Committee and staff demoed the golf carts.
VII. New Business
There being no further discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 9:17 a.m.