WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
Golf Operations Committee Meeting Minutes
8:30 a.m. - Saturday, March 11, 2017
Golf Course Clubhouse
Commissioners: Chair, Stephanie Foster, Gordon Anderson, Shelley Shelly
Staff: Steve Wilson, Jeff Bowen Adam Kwiatkoski, Nick Marfise, Josh Malady, Ken Eppelheimer, Jamie Locke
I. Meeting Called to Order
Meeting called to order at 8:30 a.m.
II. Approval of Minutes
Commissioner Shelly moved and Commissioner Foster seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the February 11, 2017 Golf Committee meeting. All approved by general consent.
III. Communications and Correspondence
IV. Recognition of Visitors
The Attendance Record will become part of the permanent record.
V. Managers’ Reports
Adam Kwiatkoski (Golf General Manager) reported on the following:
- Josh Malady, the new Assistant Golf Course Superintendent was introduced.
- The lottery dinner will be March 21. Membership numbers will be reviewed next month.
- Golf/tennis camp is full.
- First three sessions of the new Family camp are full.
- Wednesday night women’s’ league registration numbers are steady.
- Provided a recap of the 2016 fiscal year, highlighting specific revenue and expense areas.
- Golf outings are being promoted for the 2017 season, especially for local groups.
Nick Marfise (Golf Course Superintendent) reported on the following:
- A lot of work is being completed at the course, especially with the addition of Josh Malady, the new Asst. Golf Course Superintendent.
- The course is showing positive signs of turf growth. Fertilizer applications have been made.
- Described the drainage project at the 14th hole - 700ft of drainage lines have been installed.
- Winter maintenance of equipment was completed.
- A local course recently closed and many of the seasonal employees have been hired at the course.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
A. Ordinance 2017-O-2, Authorizing the Trade-In or Sale of Surplus Golf Equipment
Superintendent Bowen described the list of equipment and explained the reason for the ordinance. The Committee will recommend approval of the ordinance to the full Board at the March 13, 2017 meeting.
There being no further discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 9:25 a.m.