WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
Facilities Operations Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, March 13, 2017
6:30 p.m. – Village Hall Training Room
Committee/Commissioners: Chair: Amy Wolfe, Stephanie Foster
Staff: Superintendent Bowen
Staff: Director Wilson, Brian Udany, Darrell Smith, Superintendents: Lambrecht, Eppelheimer
Commissioners: Abbott, Anderson, Pellaton
I. Meeting Called to Order
Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m.
II. Approval of Minutes
Commissioner Wolfe moved and Commissioner Foster seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the February 13, 2017 Facilities Operations Committee meetings as amended. All voted yes, the motion carried.
Minutes were approved with the following changes: Brian Udany was not in attendance; Item V. D was added after V. C. second bullet, and VI. A. $240 was changed to $240,000.
III. Communications and Correspondence
IV. Recognition of Visitors
The Attendance Record will become part of the permanent record.
V. Managers’ Reports
A. Pool, Brian Udany reported on the following topics:
- Interviewing for summer staff.
- Season pool passes are on sale. Early bird rate is in effect until April 30.
- Registration has started for swim and dive lessons.
B. Ice, Superintendent Bowen reported on the following topics:
- Currently there are over 221 participants in ice show which will be held May 19-21.
- March 19 - Centennial will host an ice rink liner recycling event from 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
C. Tennis, Darrell Smith reported on the following topics:
- The lottery brochure has been mailed. Deadline to register for tennis lottery is April 14 and the lottery will take place April 29th.
- Boy’s high school tennis has started. Private lessons sales have increased because of try outs. Local schools are reserving court time.
D. Paddle, Superintendent Bowen reported on the following topics:
- NS Paddle Tennis Women’s League will be changing to ten teams per series versus the current 11 teams. This may lead to more congestion on Thursdays.
- The Wilmette Paddle Tennis Club schedule for next year will be October 5 – December 7, 2017 and January 11 – March 16, 2018.
- Men’s league playoffs have started. 10 of the 17 Wilmette teams have made it to the semi-finals. Men’s finals will take place March 15.
- Registration for the spring in-house league opened to residents on March 7 and will open to non-residents on March 14. Registration will close on March 24th. Competition begins early April.
VI. Unfinished Business
A. Paddle Courts Construction
Superintendent Lambrecht reviewed the three design layout options.
Following discussion and questions the Committee agreed that Option 2 – 2 courts north orientated East-West is the best option, but would like to hear the opinion of Manager Ania Kazakevich. Staff will begin work on the bid materials.
B. Paddle Hut Furniture
Superintendent Bowen reported that he received a quote of $4,312 for two tables and four bar stools to matches the current furniture. The Committee asked staff to look at different, but similar furniture that may be priced lower.
VII. New Business
There being no further business to discuss the Facilities Operations Committee meeting was adjourned at 6:51 p.m.