WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
Golf Operations Committee Meeting Minutes
8:30 a.m. - Saturday, April 8, 2017
Golf Course Clubhouse
Commissioners: Chair, Stephanie Foster, Gordon Anderson
Staff: Steve Wilson, Jeff Bowen Adam Kwiatkoski, Nick Marfise, Josh Malady, Jamie Locke
Commissioner John Olvany
I. Meeting Called to Order
Meeting called to order at 8:30 a.m.
II. Approval of Minutes
Commissioner Anderson moved and Commissioner Foster seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the March 11, 2017 Golf Committee meeting. All approved by general consent.
III. Communications and Correspondence
IV. Recognition of Visitors
The Attendance Record will become part of the permanent record.
V. Managers’ Reports
Adam Kwiatkoski (Golf General Manager) reported on the following:
- The course is officially open today.
- The lottery was held and there are currently 4 less foursomes than last year at this time. Two of the groups left for another course, due to cost.
- Summer programs are filling.
- 115 gentlemen attended the Men’s Club opening dinner. There are 26 new members.
- The dedication bench in honor of Dick Morrison is being installed.
- New golf carts should be delivered beginning April 15.
Nick Marfise (Golf Course Superintendent) reported on the following:
- Course is ready for play.
- Working on clubhouse landscaping.
- Sod is being laid to finish up the Drainage project on 14.
- Reviewed course conditions and discussed the process of the greenside bunker project. The goal is to have all 18 completed in 2017.
- Staff will gather input/feedback from players to help determine the best time to complete the project.
The Committee expressed their concerns about the course conditions and their desire to offer players a good product.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
Fred Watson commented that he has heard rumblings about the course conditions. He asked if the park district would consider recognizing the loyal customers who have paid for unlimited golf, but are limited due to the course conditions. Staff will discuss options.
In response to a question from Mr. Watson about the status of the website redesign, staff responded that the target date for the launch of the new site is August.
There being no further discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 a.m.