WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
Facilities Operations Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 10, 2017
6:30 p.m. – Village Hall Training Room
Committee/Commissioners: Chair: Amy Wolfe, Stephanie Foster
Staff: Superintendent Bowen
Staff: Director Wilson, Brian Udany, Darrell Smith, Superintendents: Lambrecht, Commissioners: Abbott, Anderson, Pellaton
I. Meeting Called to Order
Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m.
II. Approval of Minutes
Commissioner Foster moved and Commissioner Wolfe seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the March 13, 2017 Facilities Operations Committee meeting. All voted yes, the motion carried.
III. Communications and Correspondence
IV. Recognition of Visitors
The Attendance Record will become part of the permanent record.
V. Managers’ Reports
A. Pool, Jeff Bowen reported on the following topics:
- Interviewing for summer staff.
- Season pool passes are on sale. For the first time, pool passes are available for purchase online and has been well received.
- Early bird rate is in effect until April 30.
- Pre-season maintenance is ongoing.
B. Ice, Sean Flynn reported on the following topics:
- Winter Learn to Skate session is wrapping up.
- 1,114 attendees at March open skate and 562 at hockey open skate.
- New Trier High School green team won state hockey championship.
- Early voting at Centennial had the 4th largest turnout of early voting sites.
- Annual ice show is May 19-21.
C. Tennis, Darrell Smith reported on the following topics:
- Tennis Pro. Mike Reyes announced his resignation after 27 years. He will be moving to Qatar to head their national junior teams.
- Lottery deadline is April 14 for next year permanent court time.
- Lottery is April 29 at 8:00 a.m.
- Instructors are preparing evaluations to be mailed to kids.
D. Paddle, Darrell Smith reported on the following topics:
- Two of the ladies teams placed in the top two of their series.
- Spring in house leagues and lessons started last week.
- 10 of 17 men’s teams made it to semifinals.
VI. Unfinished Business
A. Paddle Courts Construction
Superintendent Lambrecht reported that the project went out to bid. Bids will be opened next week. There are only two companies in the country that build paddle courts.
B. Paddle Hut Furniture
Superintendent Bowen reported that staff has looked at different lower cost options but prefers to buy something that matches the current furniture. After discussion, the Committee agreed to move forward with the purchase of the commercial grade furniture that was presented last month.
VII. New Business
A. Bid for Centennial Sound and Paging System
Superintendent Bowen reported the proposed system will replace the original 1972 system. Sentinel was hired to engineer the project and helped prepare the bid. Four bids received. $95,000 has been budgeted for the project.
Following discussion, Commissioner Wolfe moved and Commissioner Foster seconded a motion to recommend the bid from Malko Communications. This will be brought to the full Board for approval.
There being no further business to discuss the Facilities Operations Committee meeting was adjourned at 6:56 p.m.