WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
CENTENNIAL OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: January 10, 2011
Place: Administration Office
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Commissioners: Miller, Murdock
Absent: Commissioner Wolff
Staff: Bowen, Bingham, Eppelheimer, Grisamore, Juliar, Smith, Udany, Wilson
Visitors: Robin Baugher, Gary Benz, Shelley Shelly
Topics of Discussion:
1) Meeting Called to Order
2) Approval of Minutes
3) Recognition of Visitors
4) Managers Reports
5) Old Business
1) The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2) The Committee approved the minutes of the October 25, 2010 Committee meeting by General Consent.
4 ) Under Managers Reports, Darrell Smith reported the annual Tennis/Golf brochure is scheduled for mailing the first week of February. The lottery applications will be due April 4 and the lottery numbers will be drawn on April 8. The court selection will be held on April 23. The second half of the current indoor season began January 2. Reserved court play continues until May 14. The annual pro shop holiday sale was held and December sales totaled $11,526 which was down 3% from last year’s sale total.
During the week of December 20, three sold-out holiday junior camps were held – Pirate camp, Scallywags and Attack/Defend camp. In addition, an adult camp was held which sold out with 16 students.
5) Terry Juliar reported the Holiday Exhibition was held on December 19 with 50 skaters participating. The Holiday Skating Camp saw the highest registration ever with 225 participants and over $17,572 in revenue was collected. Staff continues to plan for the Spring Ice Show entitled Opposites Attract. Try-outs for show soloists will be held on Saturday, January 22, from 1-2:30 pm.
Public Skating session crowds have been picking up. Attendance figures for the holiday times were as follows:
• 146 skaters on 12/24 ( Christmas Eve)
• 279 skaters on 12/31 (New Years Eve)
• 239 skaters on 1/1/11 (New Years Day)
6) Brain Udany reported that interviews for summer positions are continuing. There are currently 97 returning staff with 50 of those being lifeguards. The annual job fair will be held on February 12. The facility has been awarded the “Star Guard 5 Star Facility” recognition for the staff’s performance over last summer.
6) Superintendent Bowen presented staff with ideas for new revenue streams for each of the operations at Centennial. After some discussion between staff and the committee, he stated these suggestions will be looked at carefully to evaluate the potential of each idea.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Minutes taken by Jeffrey Bowen.
MINUTES APPROVED ON FEBRUARY 14, 2011.