Wilmette Park District
Financial Planning & Policy Committee
Date: January 24, 2011
Location: Park District Administration Offices – Training Room
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Attendance: Committee: D. Graham, J. Brault
Absent: D. Miller
Commissioners: J. Crowley, M. Murdock
Staff: S. Wilson, K. Eppelheimer, B. Lambrecht, K. Bingham, J. Bowen
1. Call to Order
2. Recognition of Visitors
3. Approval of Minutes
4. Communication and Correspondence
5. Other Business
6. Old Business
7. New Business
8. Next Meeting
9. Adjourn to Closed Session to Discuss Compensation of Employees, Section 2(c)(1)
10. Arise for Closed Session
1. The Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2. Recognition of Visitors – None
3. The Committee approved the Committee minutes of December 6, 2010 by general consent.
4. Communication and Correspondence – None
5. Other Business – Discussion of Cell Tower Installation at Centennial Complex. Executive Director Wilson reported that he had heard from several residents who had attended the Village Zoning Commission on January 19 when AT&T had requested a variance for the installation of a cellular telephone tower. The Zoning Commission had a split vote of 3-3 for the application and therefore the action would go to the Village Board as a negative recommendation. After some discussion, it was recommended that the Park District request AT&T defer the application from the Village Board meeting of February 8 until other information can be supplied to the Zoning Commission. Commissioners also requested that staff notify them when items affecting the District are on Village Commissions or Board meetings to ensure they stay adequately informed.
6. Old Business – None
7. New Business
a. Consider Changes in Check Signatories – Superintendent Eppelheimer briefed the Committee on a change in signatories for District checks. Only one signature plate will be used and any checks outside the normal process will be manually signed by two people. The signature plate will contain the District’s Secretary and Treasurer signatures. There was no action needed by the Committee.
b. 2012 Budget Calendar – Superintendent Eppelheimer briefed the Committee on the 2012 Budget process including key dates to review and to discuss the CAFR, fee increases and tax levy. It was also discussed when an appropriate time may be set to discuss the 2011 capital improvement plan.
c. 2010 Audit Process – Superintendent Eppelheimer briefed the Committee on the status of the 2010 audit by Lauterbach & Amen. Preliminary field work took place on January 10 and 11 and full field work will take place the week of February 28. We are in the first year of the second three-year agreement.
d. Voucher Approval Process – Superintendent Eppelheimer requested the Committee review the voucher documentation to ensure they believe they receive the information needed to approve the monthly vouchers. Any changes could be incorporated into the reporting structure of the new accounting system. Minimal changes will be made to the current listing to assure the Commissioners have the needed information.
8. Next Meeting – The next meeting will be on February 28, 2011 at the Administration Offices beginning at 6:30 p.m.
9. Adjourn to Closed Session to Discuss Compensation of Employees, Section 2(c)(1) – On a motion by J. Brault and seconded by D. Graham, the Committee moved into closed session at 7:03 p.m. for the purpose of discussing Compensation of Employees, Section 2(c)(1). The motion was approved by a roll call vote.
10. Arise for Closed Session – Upon discussing Compensation of Employees, Section 2(c)(1), the Committee arose from Closed Session at 7:40 p.m.
11. Adjournment – With no further business to discuss, the Committee adjourned at 7:41 p.m.
Minutes taken by K. Eppelheimer.
MINUTES APPROVED ON FEBRUARY 28, 2011.