WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
CENTENNIAL OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: May 9, 2011
Place: Administration Office
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Attendance: Commissioners: Miller, Murdock, Wolff
Staff: Bowen, Bingham, Eppelheimer, Smith, Udany, Wilson
Topics of Discussion:
1) Meeting Called to Order
2) Approval of Minutes
3) Recognition of Visitors
4) Managers Reports
5) Old Business
1) The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2) The Committee approved the minutes of the April 11, 2011 Committee meeting by General Consent
3) Recognition of Visitors: None
4) Under Managers Reports, Darrell Smith reported the Tennis 2011/2012 court time lottery was held on Saturday, April 23. The 2011/12 reserved court season begins September 11, 2011 and continues through May 15, 2012. It is anticipated there will be close to the same amount of court rentals as last year.
Summer court time begins on May 15, 2011 and a total of 314 campers have enrolled for summer tennis camps. The Junior “Pirate” and multi-sport Tennis/Golf camps are once again the most popular this year.
Congratulations should be extended to the women’s “A”, “AB”,”B” and “C” team players for their fine seasons. The “AB” and “C” teams are currently in the playoffs.
Terry Juliar reported that the pools started filling today and the majority of the new play feature has arrived and is being installed by Building Services staff. Pool orientation will be held on May 23, 2011 and although staffing levels are good, staff is still looking for some swim instructors.
The Ice Show will be held this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the curtain backdrop was installed on the ice today. The Skokie Hockey contract ice is going well and the players seem to be very happy with their temporary rink. Terry stated that all the major ice contracts have been sent out for those organizations’ review. He stated that each organization is charged the full rate with the only discount going to late night usage.
Steve Wilson commented he had been in contact with the Winnetka Park District concerning an old agreement wherein Winnetka and the Wilmette Park Districts traded residential usage of the pool facility for the 9-hole golf facility at Winnetka. He stated he would keep the Committee informed if there were any further discussions on this topic.
5) Jeff Bowen reported that conversations are continuing with the Wilmette Woman’s Tennis Association (WWTA). The District has agreed to the following per their request from last month’s meeting.
a) The fourth court will be reserved for the North Shore League during their play.
b) Signs for locating the restroom facility have been made and will be distributed to the captains.
c) Beach parking for visiting teams can be purchased by the WWTA in a pre- paid block or WWTA can be billed at the end of the season for the non- resident visitor parking.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:47 p.m.
Minutes taken by Jeffrey Bowen.
MINUTES APPROVED ON JUNE 13, 2011.