WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
GOLF OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: April 16, 2011
Place: Wilmette Golf Club
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Commissioners: Crowley, Graham
Staff: Bowen, Eppelheimer, Matchen, Locke, Wilson
Visitors: See attached
Topics of Discussion
1) Meeting Called to Order
2) Approval of Minutes
3) Recognition of Visitors
4) Managers Reports
1) The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m.
2) The Committee approved the minutes of the March 19, 2011 Committee meeting by General Consent.
3) Commissioner Crowley reported that staff is currently working with Martin Design to refine the Golf Master Plan and it is expected to be finalized within three months.
4) Jaime Locke reported that total rounds of play are down 46% compared to 2010 at this time (2,846 in 2010 vs. 1,841 in 2011) due to weather conditions. Golf memberships currently stand at 468 which is more than last year at this time.
A marketing email was sent out through “Constant Contact” to promote both the Wilmette Women’s Golf Association’s (WWGA) and the men’s Ouilmette Golf Club (OGC) who are both planning events to recruit new members. The Illinois Junior Golf Association (IGJA) will be helping to promote the Al McLean Junior Championship this year to be held on June 15.
The new junior program offerings have been well received with two classes filled and a third to be created from the wait list. The Family Golf Night will be held on May 22 to provide a fun event for the participants and to help promote the Junior program.
5) Mike Matchen stated the crew has been working on the general clean-up of the course as weather permits and then presented a slide show of the activities on the course. Mike stated he has received many compliments on the Master Plan and its progress from members of both the Men’s and the Women’s Clubs.
The next meeting will be held on Saturday, May 28, 2011.
There being no additional business, the Committee was adjourned at 8:48 a.m.
Minutes taken by J. Bowen.
MINUTES APPROVED ON JUNE 18, 2011.