WILMETTE PARK DISTRICT
CENTENNIAL OPERATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: June 11, 2012
Place: Administration Conference Room
Time: 6:15 p.m.
Commissioners: Chair Graham and Benz
Absent: Commissioner Murdock
Staff: Wilson, Bingham, Bowen, Smith, Udany
Topics of Discussion:
1) Meeting Called to Order
2) Approval of Minutes
3) Recognition of Visitors
4) Communications and Correspondence
5) Managers Reports
6) Old Business
7) New Business
a) Discussion: Ice Schedule for FY 2013
1) The meeting was called to order at 6:15 p.m.
2) The Committee approved the minutes of the April 9, 2012 Committee meeting by General Consent
3) Under Recognition of Visitors: None
4) Under Communications and Correspondence: None
5) Under Managers Reports, Assistant Ice/Pool Manager Brian Udany reported that with the warm weather, over 5,000 people came through the facility on the first pre-season weekend. The facility opened early each day to help prevent the long lines of patrons from forming and there were virtually no complaints made to staff.
The faculty has opened on a pre-season basis on weekends only until the season officially begins on the second weekend of June. This was done since staffing is not available until after school is out for summer.
Season pass sales are up from last year because of the warm spring weather.
Tennis Manager Darrell Smith reported that the courts at Gillson have been resurfaced and look great. In fact, all the outdoor courts are in excellent condition. The District will be hosting four USTA travel teams this summer. Sumer Camps have started and are full to capacity.
6) New Business: None
7) Under Old Business: Superintendent Bowen reported he needed a recommendation from the Committee in regards to the renovation schedule for the ice rinks for 2013. He also presented several options for the Committee to consider. The issue centered on what date to close the rink in the spring that would result in the least amount of disruption to the various user groups of the facility.
After considerable discussion, the Committee recommended that the ice rink close on April 1, 2013. This would allow a shortened spring ice skating class schedule followed by the Ice Show. The rink would then reopen on September 16 which would reduce the length of hockey contracts by three weeks.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned to at 6:40 pm.
Minutes taken by Jeffrey Bowen.
MINUTES APPROVED ON JULY 9, 2012.