Summer Outdoor Tennis
Outdoor Court Reservations
May 24 to August 30, 2014
- Residents may reserve outdoor courts by calling 847-256-9676 up to 25 hours in advance. Reservations for 8 a.m. will be taken 24 hours in advance. Reservations for 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. courts at Gillson Park will be taken at 6 p.m. Same day reservations cannot be taken because court reservations are posted at each court by 8 a.m. daily.
- Non-residents may play on open courts or by "racking-up."
- When making reservations by telephone, please give your name, phone number and name of one other player in your group.
- Please review the Outdoor Court Regulations. Following posted rules and observing court reservation is vital to the continued enjoyment of the outdoor courts by all players.
- Private and Group Lessons are taught by Wilmette Park District staff ONLY.
- All players may "rack-up" when no reservation sheet is posted or if open court time appears on the reservation sheet.
- No one may rack-up more than two hours in advance.
- Please arrive for your reservation promptly; court reservations will be held for five minutes. After five minutes, courts may be claimed by waiting players.
- Reserved court time is restricted to the time allotment on each court, 1 hour or 1½ hours, depending on court location. However, players may rack-up for an additional, non-consecutive hour of play.
- Play begins on the hour or as indicated for the 1½ hour courts. Please respect other players and vacate your court promptly.
- To accommodate working adults, outdoor courts are reserved for adult play (18 and over) after 5 p.m. weekdays and all day weekends. However, juniors may play if adults are not waiting. Juniors employed full-time weekdays should contact Darrell Smith, 847/256-9682, to arrange for evening and weekend court time.
- Only regulation tennis shoes are permitted in the court area.
- Shirts must be worn at all times during play.
- Littering the courts is subject to a fine.
- Players serving or playing alone must give way to two or more players.
- Non-tennis activities are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- Only players are allowed on the tennis courts.
- Vulgarity and/or rude behavior is prohibited.
Outdoor Tennis Courts
Locations Number of Courts Time Allotment
Community Playfield 3 1 hr
702 Locust Rd. 3 1½ hrs
Gillson Park (lights) 4 1 hr
Washington St. and
Hibbard Park 2 1 hr
Glenview Rd. and
Thornwood Park 2 1 hr.
Dartmouth and 2 1½ hrs
Maple Park 1 1 hr
4th St. and Maple Ave.
Vattmann Park 2 1 ½ hrs
15th & Lake Sts. 1 1 hr