Wilmette Park District Theater Auditions
Annie Get Your Gun (1999 Revival)
Starlight Theatre’s summer production, directed by Ashton Byrum
Presented by the Wilmette Center for the Arts
General auditions will be Sunday, April 27, from 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. and Monday, April 28, from 6- 10 p.m. with callbacks on Wednesday, April 30. Rehearsals begin the week of May 11.
This is an outdoor production which will take place at the Wallace Bowl amphitheatre in Wilmette’s Gillson Park, on the shores of Lake Michigan. Performances are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, July 10 – 26. The rehearsal and tech schedule allows July 3 and 4 off for the holiday weekend, but there will be a required tech rehearsal on Sunday, July 5.
- Auditions are open to those entering freshman year in high school and up, with an exception for the character of Little Jake. Those who wish to audition for the role of Little Jake must be at least 8 years old at the time of the auditions.
- Please prepare 16-32 measures (or up to one minute) of an up-tempo song in the style of the show that best shows off your voice and be prepared to dance.
- For the Ensemble, we need strong singing actors who dance/move well. We also need four young men who dance very well and sing as a male quartet.
- Seeking two young teenage girls to play Jessie and Nellie Oakley, Annie Oakley's younger sisters. Must look 12 and 14 and be able to sing, act and move well.
- For the roles of Buffalo Bill, Pawnee Bill, Chief Sitting Bull and Charlie Davenport, we are looking for men who sing, ages 30s-50s.
- If you will be auditioning for the roles of Annie Oakley, Frank Butler, Dolly Tate, Minnie Tate, or Tommy Keeler: Prepare a ballad and up-tempo song that shows what you do best (up to 32 bars), and a monologue – no longer than 60 seconds in length. We prefer something in the style of the show, and you may sing from Annie Get Your Gun. Be prepared to dance.
To schedule an audition, please email your name, which audition date you would like to attend and your contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.