Click image to view Guide
Important Winter 2018 Dates
Winter Class Lottery Registration for Adult and Junior BASIC-LEVEL Students is Monday, January 15. Call the Tennis Front Desk at 847/256-9676 to register over the telephone, or visit us at the Wilmette Tennis Club to register for a lottery slot in person.
In-Person Registration Day is Saturday, January 27
Winter Adult drills and Pro-Am start on Sunday, January 28.
Winter Basic-level Adult and Junior classes, and Junior Excellence classes, begin on Sunday, January 28.
Permanent Court Times begin on Sunday, September 10.
New to Tennis? It's Easy to Get Started!
First step: Determine your playing level using the Tennis Skill Guide below.
If you or your children belong in Junior or Adult Basic classes, skip ahead to the Lottery Instructions.
If you or your children belong in the Advanced Level, complete a Jr. Excellence/Drill form, available at the Tennis Front Desk. Call Carrie Kolles, racquet sports assistant manager at 847-853-6296 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
Tennis Skill Guide
The following are guidelines to help determine your level of tennis ability when registering for tennis instruction. Unsure of your level? Call Carrie Kolles for a tryout at 847-853-6296.
- Tiny Hitters: For 4 year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters I: For 5 to 6-year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters II: For 5 to 6-year-olds who have been in the program before and who have been promoted by the Tennis Club Staff.
- Novice: For 7 to 9 year-olds beginning to learn racquet skills with minimal tennis experience.
- Junior and Adult Beginner: Individual with limited tennis experience. Wants to learn the fundamentals of tennis.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate I: Individual with developing skills. Wants to improve fundamental strokes. Requires additional work on service motion and complete review of basic strokes.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate II: Individual should be able to serve and hit ground strokes with moderate success. Consistency and competition is emphasized. Baseline game strategy is drilled.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate III: Individual with consistent strokes. Students develop net play and drill baseline game.
Advanced Level programs require a tryout. Call Wilmette Tennis Club at 847/256-9676 for information.
- Junior Excellence Program: Advanced junior players who have mastered the fundamentals. Program includes Excellence 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours.
- Women's Drill, Play and Strategy: Intermediate to advanced level students drill on all strokes and play competitively under the supervision of their instructor.
- Pro-Amateur Drill: Advanced players with a firm command of basic strokes drill on advanced strokes and strategy.
- Instructional Leagues: For intermediate and advanced players, conducted under professional supervision. Emphasis is on doubles strategy.
Junior: Tiny Hitters through Intermediate III
Adults: Beginner through Intermediate III
A lottery-style registration system is used to efficiently handle the number of basic level tennis registrants. All students interested in a Basic Level Adult or Junior class should apply for a registration time by entering the lottery. The lottery will be drawn in the following order: Wilmette residents, then non-residents.
Follow these simple steps:
- Submit a Tennis Lesson Lottery form in person at the Wilmette Tennis Club, or call the Front Desk at 847-256-9676 and the helpful staff will fill it out for you by phone.
- You will receive a postcard with an assigned time to register. The friendly tennis staff will help you select the right class at registration on In-Person Registration Day, Saturday, August 26.
- Can't attend on In-Person Registration Day? No problem. Call the Tennis Front Desk at 847-256-9676 for assistance.