Permanent Court Time Lottery
The Winter Indoor Season runs from Sept. 8, 2013, through May 10, 2014
- Lottery Application Deadline: Monday, April 8
- Resident Time and Court Selection: Saturday, April 20
- Non-Resident Time and Court Selection: Saturday, April 20
Full Season Commitment
Enjoy the convenience of Permanent Court time, on the day and time you have selected, for a full Indoor Season from September 8, 2013 through May 10, 2014. Your signed application for Permanent Court time, on a specified day and time is considered a binding contract and you are financially obligated for the court time during this 35-week season. Note: All players who participate in your Permanent Court time must hold a current Wilmette Tennis Club membership or pay a guest fee each time they play. We regret that an inability of a tennis group to coordinate its players to its contracted time period will not allow release from this contract.
Resident Lottery Drawing
A random drawing will be held to determine the order in which applications for time will be considered. The number of the draw will be placed on each application. You will be informed by mail of your draw number and the hour of registration for your court time selection. Note: Applications for Permanent Court time received after the 9:30 p.m. Monday, April 8, deadline will be given succeeding numbers as the applications are received. Selection for late Resident applications will begin immediately after the regular draw.
Non-Resident Lottery Drawing
Immediately following the Resident Lottery, Non-Resident applicants will receive a time selection number according to the draw. Selection for late Non-Resident applications will begin immediately after the regular Non-Resident draw.
Resident Time Selection
Will be held at the Wilmette Tennis Club on Saturday, April 20. Time selections will be conducted in numerical order of the lottery draw. One of the signers of the application must be present to select a time. Failing to appear will void your application. However, if both signers are unable to attend on April 20, a proxy form may be obtained at the Wilmette Tennis Club. Note: Resident lottery applicants may select one additional court time after draw numbers have been called. A $50 court time deposit is necessary to secure your 2013-2014 Indoor Season Permanent Court time when you make your selection. Court time deposits are not refundable.
Non-Resident Time Selection
Will also be held Saturday, April 20, at the Wilmette Tennis Club following the Resident Time Selection. It will be conducted in the same manner as the Resident Time Selection.
The Wilmette Tennis Club reserves the right to reassign your court selection at any time in order to conserve energy, facilitate spectator appreciation of a tournament, or implement a program. A neighboring court may be used as a lesson or ball machine court.
Benefits of Permanent Court Time
- It’s guaranteed. Permanent Court time gives you a regular time to play. The court is yours—no phone call needed to see if a court might be available.
- It’s convenient. You select a court time that is convenient for you and your group.
- It’s your group. You organize your own group of compatible players with whom you enjoy playing.
- It’s flexible. If your schedule changes you may put your court time up for sale. If sold, you’ll be credited the court fee.
- It’s social. You may invite guests or other members to play with your group. Guest fees will apply.
How To Apply for the 2013-2014 Permanent Court Time Lottery
- Complete the Resident Permanent Court Time Application and return to the Wilmette Tennis Club, 2300 Old Glenview Road, no later than 9:30 p.m. Monday, April 8. Each application for permanent court time must be accompanied by the principal and co-signer's Resident Membership Application along with the membership fees.
- Each form must be signed and co-signed by two resident adult tennis members. For single games, one party may be a Non-Resident member, but both the principal and co-signer must also sign the tennis affidavits available at the Wilmette Tennis Club.
- Only one application for Permanent Court time per member.
- Fees may be paid by cash, credit card (Discover, MasterCard or Visa), or check payable to the Wilmette Park District. Proof of residency is required. Membership fees may not be charged to a tennis account.
- The Tennis Manager must approve any changes in applications prior to the draw.
- Any applicant with a past-due account will not be allowed to enter the Lottery Draw for permanent court time.
These regulations have been designed to treat all players as fairly and equitably as possible based upon the anticipated demand. However, the Wilmette Park District reserves the right to modify reserved court time usage, as required for programming, special events and maintenance.
- Principal Signer: A principal signer's signature is required on all Permanent Court time applications. The principal and co-signer must be regular permanent players on the court. The principal signer assumes full responsibility for payment of all Permanent Court time fees. No transfer of responsibility for Permanent Court time will be permitted without approval of the Tennis Manager. Any request for changes must be submitted in writing to the Tennis Manager. Note: Spouses not intending to play together should not submit an application together, but with the person with whom they intend to play.
- Payment for Permanent Court Time: The principal signer will be billed by mail for the first half (17 weeks) of the Indoor Permanent Court time on August 1. Payment must be received no later than September 8, 2013. Billings for the second half of the season beginning January 5, 2014, will be mailed to the principal on December 1. Payment must be received no later than January 7, 2014. The $50 court time deposit paid when the Permanent Court time was selected, will be credited to the first half of the billing period. Any billings not paid when due will cause the reservation to lapse, and the court time may be reassigned.
- Credit for Unused Permanent Court Time: If the Tennis Manager is advised in advance that Permanent Court time will not be used on a specific date, every effort will be made to sell the time for that date. If any of the court time is sold, credit will be issued to the principal signer's contract.
- Changes in Selected Permanent Court Time: Any changes or requests concerning Permanent Court time must be submitted in writing to the Tennis Manager by the principal signer. These changes are subject to review by the Tennis Manager.
25% Discount for Non-Resident Memberships
A Non-Resident Principal and up to three Non-Resident Co-Signers will be entitled to a 25% membership discount if they select a Permanent Court Time in the Non-Resident Time Selection. All regulations apply. Information is available at the Wilmette Tennis Club desk, or by calling 847/256-9676. Non-Resident users, playing in Resident groups, do not qualify for membership discounts.