Winter Basic Level Lottery Registration
Basic Level Adult and Junior
Lottery Deadline: Monday, Jan. 6
Registration: Saturday, Jan. 18, at your assigned time.
Classes begin: Sunday, Jan. 19
A lottery-style registration system has been instituted to more efficiently handle the number of basic level tennis registrants. All Basic Level students are required to apply for a registration time through the lottery system. If you are currently enrolled in a basic level class a lottery number will automatically be provided for you. Wilmette Tennis Club membership is not required to register for lesson programs.
- Complete a Tennis Lesson Lottery Form for each student.
- Submit your Lottery Application Forms by the deadlines noted above. No fees are paid at this time. If you miss this deadline, please call the Wilmette Tennis Club to get a registration number and time, 847-256-9676.
- Lottery forms will be drawn in the following order: Residents then Non-Residents.
- You will be informed of your registration time by mail. If you do not receive your registration notice through the mail, please call us for your assigned time.
- Registration begins at your assigned time at the Wilmette Tennis Club, 2300 Old Glenview Rd. Proof of residency will be checked prior to registration.
- If you are unable to attend registration, contact the Wilmette Tennis Club for assistance.
Winter Tennis Classes
- Lottery forms for Winter Basic Level classes (January-May) are due Monday, Jan. 6, at the Wilmette Tennis Club.
- Register in-person only at the Wilmette Tennis Club, 2300 Old Glenview Rd. at your assigned time on Saturday, Jan. 18
- Regulation tennis shoes must be worn. Tennis apparel is requested.
- Balls are supplied for lessons, racquets are not.
- Group instruction with individual attention emphasized.
- Private instruction is available from the Wilmette Tennis Club’s professional staff. Contact Darrell Smith 847-256-9682 for more information.
- Ball machine rental, on a Match Mate ball machine, is $15 per hour- including ball hopper. Court time is not included.
- Demonstrator Racquet Rental – A $2 fee will be charged to use a demonstrator racquet. Same day rental only.
Tennis Instruction Levels
The following are guidelines to help determine your level of tennis ability when registering for tennis instruction.
- Tiny Hitters: For 4 year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters I: For 5 to 6-year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters II: For 5 to 6-year-olds who have been in the program before and who have been promoted by the Tennis Club Staff.
- Novice: For 7 to 9- year-olds beginning to learn racquet skills with minimal tennis experience.
- Junior and Adult Beginner: Individual with limited tennis experience. Wants to learn the fundamentals of tennis.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate I: Individual with developing skills. Wants to improve fundamental strokes. Requires additional work on service motion and complete review of basic strokes.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate II: Individual should be able to serve and hit ground strokes with moderate success. Consistency and competition is emphasized. Baseline game strategy is drilled.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate III: Individual with consistent strokes. Students develop net play and drill baseline game.
Advanced Level programs require a tryout. Call Wilmette Tennis Club at 847/256-9676 for information.
- Junior Excellence Program: Advanced junior players who have mastered the fundamentals. Program includes Excellence 1 hour and 1½ hours.
- Women's Drill, Play and Strategy: Intermediate to advanced level students drill on all strokes and play competitively under the supervision of their instructor.
- Pro-Amateur Drill: Advanced players with a firm command of basic strokes drill on advanced strokes and strategy.
- Instructional Leagues: For intermediate and advanced players, conducted under professional supervision. Emphasis is on doubles strategy.