Important May/June 2017 Dates:
Summer Class Registration for Adult and Junior BASIC-LEVEL Students is Tuesday, May 2 for residents (no lottery). For non-residents, registration is on Wednesday May 3. Call the Tennis Front Desk at 847/256-9676 to register over the telephone, or visit us at the Wilmette Tennis Club to register in person.
Summer drills begin on Monday, June 5.
Summer basic-level classes and camps begin on Monday, June 12.
New to tennis? It is easy to get started!
First step: Determine your playing level using the Tennis Skill Guide below.
If you or your children belong in Junior or Adult Basic classes skip ahead to the Lottery instructions.
If you or your children belong in the Advanced level, complete a Jr. Excellence/Drill form, available at the Tennis Front Desk. Call Barb Jenkins, assistant manager at 847-256-9679 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
Tennis Skill Guide
The following are guidelines to help determine your level of tennis ability when registering for tennis instruction. Unsure of your level? Call Barb Jenkins for a tryout at 847-256-9679.
- Tiny Hitters: For 4 year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters I: For 5 to 6-year-olds with minimal tennis experience.
- Little Hitters II: For 5 to 6-year-olds who have been in the program before and who have been promoted by the Tennis Club Staff.
- Novice: For 7 to 9- year-olds beginning to learn racquet skills with minimal tennis experience.
- Junior and Adult Beginner: Individual with limited tennis experience. Wants to learn the fundamentals of tennis.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate I: Individual with developing skills. Wants to improve fundamental strokes. Requires additional work on service motion and complete review of basic strokes.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate II: Individual should be able to serve and hit ground strokes with moderate success. Consistency and competition is emphasized. Baseline game strategy is drilled.
- Junior and Adult Intermediate III: Individual with consistent strokes. Students develop net play and drill baseline game.
Advanced Level programs require a tryout. Call Wilmette Tennis Club at 847/256-9676 for information.
- Junior Excellence Program: Advanced junior players who have mastered the fundamentals. Program includes Excellence 1 hour and 1½ hours.
- Women's Drill, Play and Strategy: Intermediate to advanced level students drill on all strokes and play competitively under the supervision of their instructor.
- Pro-Amateur Drill: Advanced players with a firm command of basic strokes drill on advanced strokes and strategy.
- Instructional Leagues: For intermediate and advanced players, conducted under professional supervision. Emphasis is on doubles strategy.
Lottery Instructions (note: No Lottery for Summer Classes)
Junior: Tiny Hitters through Intermediate III
Adults: Beginner through Intermediate III
A lottery-style registration system is used to efficiently handle the number of basic level tennis registrants. All students interested in a Basic Level Adult or Junior class should apply for a registration time by entering the lottery. The lottery will be drawn in the following order: Wilmette Residents, then Non-residents.
1. Submit a Tennis Lesson Lottery form in person at the Wilmette Tennis Club or call the Front Desk at 847-256-9676 and the helpful staff will fill it out for you by phone.