2013-2014 Membership Fees & Information
Memberships are valid from June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014
Juniors (under age 18 as of June 1)
Seniors 65 years or older
Advantages of Membership
- Resident and Non-Resident adult members may participate in the annual Permanent Court Time Lottery to select a Permanent Court Time for the 2013-2014 Indoor Season which runs from Sept. 8, 2013 to May 10, 2014.
- Members may reserve Open Court Time, either in person or by phone, eight (8) days in advance of play.
- Members have use of locker rooms and lounges.
- Members have charge privileges in the Tennis Pro Shop and at the facility. Member charges are payable in full upon receipt of statement. Failure to pay before the end of the month will result in suspension of charge privileges. Accounts 60 days delinquent will be subject to suspension of playing privileges.
- Members enjoy Pro Shop discounts of 10% on racquet purchases and 20 % on shoes and clothing purchases (miscellaneous items not included). These discounts apply only to those items not already on sale.
- Members may also receive additional benefits during the season, such as guest passes and demo racquet discounts.
How To Join the Wilmette Tennis Club
Fill out a 2013-2014 Wilmette Tennis Club Membership Application and include the appropriate membership fee. Checks should be made payable to the Wilmette Park District. You may send your application form to: Wilmette Tennis Club, 2300 Old Glenview Rd., Wilmette, IL 60091. When paying with cash payment must be made in person. Please bring your membership application and payment to the Wilmette Tennis Club. Note: Residents should also bring proof of residency.
Applications for family membership should be submitted on one application form. Membership may not be charged to tennis accounts. Non-Resident users playing in resident groups do not qualify for membership discounts.
- Residents: Those living in Wilmette may purchase a membership and apply for Permanent Court Time. Proof of residency for each member is required to receive Resident rates.
- Non-Residents: Those living outside of Wilmette may purchase a membership and apply for Permanent Court Time. Non-Resident members may also play on a Permanent Court Time basis with a group of residents.
- Member Reservations: Members are entitled to reserve 1½ hours of open court time eight (8) days in advance. Persons reserving open court time are responsible for the cost of the court unless canceled at least 24 hours in advance of play.
- Non-Member Reservations: A non-member may reserve open court time 24 hours in advance of play. Non-members pay the court fee and an additional surcharge when reserving time. The non-member adult surcharge is $15 per 1½ hours and $10 per hour. The non-member junior surcharge is $12 per 1½ hours and $8 per hour. Payment must be made in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Guest Policy: A non-member (Adult or Junior) may play as a guest ten (10) times during the Indoor Season, paying a $7.50 guest fee each time of play (Juniors $5.50). Fifty percent of all registered guest fees may be applied toward a half-year membership (second half of season). Guest fees after January 1, 2014, will not be applied toward half-season memberships. All Non-Members must pay guest fees when playing on permanent court time. Guest fees will be charged to a member reserving a court if a guest, who plays in their group, fails to pay a guest fee or a member fails to present their membership card.
Membership privileges remain in effect until a refund request is submitted. Refunds will be granted based upon the following schedule:
- Requests received by September 1: Refund is the fee less 20%.
- Requests received after September 1 and before October 1: Refund is 50% of fee.
- No refunds will be issued after October 1.