Wilmette Park District is Committed to your health and safety
In This Together!
In an effort to keep all Wilmette Park District patrons and staff healthy and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have established the following protocols based on recommendations by the state and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control):
Masks To mitigate the spread of coronavirus, wearing a mask over your mouth and nose is critical. At this time, the Wilmette Park District requires that you wear a mask for the following:
- while present in all facilities;
- while participating in all programs;
- while playing sports indoors or outdoors (including tennis, platform tennis and golf);
- while at the Center Fitness Club (including during workout);
- and when visiting our parks and playgrounds, especially in cases where you cannot maintain six feet of social distancing.
Social Distancing and Smaller Group Sizes Whether indoors or outdoors, please maintain six feet of distance from anyone that does not live with you. Wilmette Park District programs are designed to keep groups small and distanced.
Frequent Hand Washing or Sanitizing Facility patrons and staff are encouraged to wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers often, especially before eating, and after contact with public surfaces. Hand sanitizer is available in all of our facilities.
Cleaning In addition to regular daily cleaning, all facility surfaces are diligently disinfected throughout the day, including doorknobs, railings and other high-touch areas.
Ventilation The Wilmette Park District is committed to promoting as much airflow as possible in our facilities. We will open windows whenever and wherever possible.
Self-Screening Per CDC guidelines, all Wilmette Park District patrons and staff are required to stay home if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including:
- frequent coughing;
- difficulty breathing;
- muscle aches;
- sore throat;
- intestinal issues;
- or recent loss of taste or smell.
Our staff and patrons submit a health screening form and perform a temperature check prior to coming to a program or facility. Staff members and patrons are required to stay home if they, or anyone in their home, are experiencing symptoms, has tested positive for COVID-19, or is currently in quarantine.
Keeping You Informed
- notify you of a reported COVID-19-positive individual who may have been contagious while at a facility and/or in a program;
- inform you of changes to our programming or protocols as state guidelines evolve; or
- share tips about how to stay healthy and remind you of our safety guidelines.