Summer 2020 Season Changes
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our community and staff, we have adjusted the rules and procedures of Gillson Beach during the pandemic. Please read below to familiarize yourself with these new regulations.
FOR THE ENTIRE 2020 BEACH SEASON:
- Beach Hours: Daily, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Access to the beach and parking lot will be limited to beach season pass and season parking decal holders only
- Season Passes and Parking Decals must be purchased online
- Season passes and parking decals require a 48-hour processing period before activation - please plan accordingly
- Beach season pass ID cards and season parking decals will be available for pick up at the Beach House, and can be picked up 48 hours after purchasing during business hours, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- No transactions will be processed at the beach
- Concessions and water fountains will be closed - please bring a water bottle
- There will be a single-use restroom open to the public
- No food is allowed on the beach
- We are not offering guest books for the 2020 Season
- We are not offering rentals at the sailing beach for the 2020 Season
- Beach/Pool Combo Passes purchased on or before May 20 will be honored throughout the 2020 Season
- Beach/Pool Combo Pass sales are no longer available
TEMPORARY MEASURES CURRENTLY IN PLACE:
- The water is open and lifeguards are on duty at the swimming beach. Patrons are expected to stay within the designated swim area. Please use caution and adhere to any warning signs.
- Attendees are expected to practice social distancing and safety measures at all times
- Limit same-household congregations to groups of 50 or less
- Shelter access is first come, first served. No grills are available and no reservations will be taken.
- Staff will be closely monitoring parking, beach access and the adherence of social distancing guidelines.
About Gillson Park and the Wilmette Beaches
- Gillson Park offers 60 acres of beautiful lakefront property, ideal for picnics, bicycling, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and many other spring and summer outdoor activities.
- Dogs on leash are allowed in Gillson Park EXCEPT during special events such as Independence Day. Leashes must not exceed 10 feet in length and owners are responsible for clean-up. Dogs wearing Beach Permit tags are allowed off-leash in the fenced Dog Beach area located between the pier and the harbor mouth at the south end of Gillson Park. Dogs are NOT allowed on the public swimming and sailing beaches.
- Public swimming and wading are allowed in the buoyed swimming area only.
- Langdon Park Beach is open for swimming and operates under the same rules as Gillson Beach. Season Passes or a Daily Admission fee are required for admission.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park or on the beaches.
- When safety hazards are present, the beach and water may be closed temporarily at the discretion of the Lakefront Manager.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the water except U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets when worn properly.
Gillson Park Amenities
- 59.2 acres
- Gillson Beach
- Lakeview Center
- Sailboat Rentals
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Fitness Course
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelter
- Tot Lot
- Wallace Bowl
- Lighted Ice Rink
- Dog Beach
Staff, Hours, & Contact Info
Assistant Lakefront Manager: Katy Bradford
Beach Hours Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (or as daylight permits)
Concession Hours Daily: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (or as conditions permit)
Lakefront Conditions (recorded information): 847-256-9660
Beach House: 847-256-9661