We are pleased to announce that Centennial Ice Rinks is adding to the services offered in Phase 4 of Governor Pritzker's Restore Illinois Plan. Beginning July 6, we will be offering 6-week Freestyle ice time sessions and Open Hockey hours on weekends.
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our community and staff, we have adjusted the rules and procedures for participating in services offered at Centennial Ice Rink. If you are interested in participating in a program at the rink, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these new regulations on the Ice Rink main page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sean Flynn, Ice General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freestyle Skate time will be run in 6-week registration-based sessions. Participants must pre-register and there will be no daily drop-ins allowed until after general registration.
Registration begins Thursday, July 2 at 9 a.m.
- The house sound system will be available
- The jump harness will be available and must be sanitized before and after use by the skating instructor.
- Skaters and coaches may arrive for their scheduled ice slot 10 minutes in advance.
- All skaters must check in at the office upon arrival at the rink
- Skaters and coaches may put their skates on in the lobby
- Skaters who have a break between freestyle sessions will be allowed in the ice rink main lobby, however will need to wear a mask
- Spectators are not allowed at this time.
Click here to register for a Freestyle session.
Open Hockey will run Saturdays & Sundays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. & 3:45-4:45 p.m.
Open Hockey Fee: $12 per hour
Payment will be taken by credit/debit only and can be purchased upon arrival at the rink.
Open Hockey Guidelines
- Patrons may start to arrive 10 minutes prior to Open Hockey
- These Open Hockey sessions are designed to work on skill work, no scrimmaging is allowed
- Two hockey nets will be on the ice
- Patrons under 18 years old must dress in full hockey equipment
- Participants over the age of 18 at the minimum must wear a helmet and hockey gloves
- 30 participants are allowed on the main rink
- It is encouraged to call in advance on the day of to pay for a session
- Cash payments will not be accepted, payment is via credit or debit card only