Bring out your star-spangled spirit this July 3!
The Wilmette Park District is hosting our annual Independence Day Celebration at Gillson Park.
Yankee Doodle Dash 5K
Sunday, July 3
- Race Start: 8 A.M.
- Location: Gillson Park & the streets of WIlmette
Download a PDF of the race route HERE.
- We'd like to thank our Stars & Stripes Sponsor, de Giulio Kitchen Design for sponsoring our dashing event shirts this year!
- Special thanks to our Spangled Sponsor, State Farm Agent Nathan Sulack for sponsoring our dandy participant & winner medals this year!
- Shoutout to Ravinia Brewing Co., Double Clutch Brewing Co. & Fortnight Brewing Co. for providing complimentary beer at the finish line! Make sure to grab your drink tickets at the ID check table before or after the race.
- Run your hardest to beat the rush - breakfast bites for the first 100 runners, brought to you by Wilmette's newest restaurant, The Lawn opening soon at the Wilmette Golf Club!
Fun & Fireworks
Sunday, July 3
FREE Family Event
Location: Gillson Park
Enjoy an evening packed with Independence Day Celebration at Gillson Park! We'll have food vendors, live music, performers and a fireworks show to kick off your 4th a day early.
Download a PDF of the event map HERE!
- 5 P.M. - Music Performance: Blooze Brothers
- 7 P.M. - Jesse White Tumblers (between concerts)
- 7:30 P.M. - Music Performance: Good Clean Fun
- 9:30 P.M. - Fireworks
Please note, there is no Pace Bus shuttle available to/from the event. There is limited parking available at Gillson Beach parking lot - please plan ahead and know your route!
The traffic map below shows temporary road closures and the direction that traffic must follow to reach the park for dropping off/picking up visitors during the Fun & Fireworks event. Please take note of the following:
- Additional street closures and directional traffic changes to improve safe pedestrian access to Gillson Park
- Free Public Parking available at:
- Metra lot (approx. 1.3 miles)
- Northwestern University Ryan Field football stadium parking lot (approx. 1 mile)
- Additional handicap parking in Gillson Beach parking lot
- Ride share drop off and pick up zones along Michigan Ave.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the traffic map.
Lakefront Closures on July 3:
- Dog Beach will be closed on Sunday, July 3. A temporary fence will be installed on Saturday, July 2 in preparation for the fireworks safety zone. There will be openings within the fence for visitors to have access through Saturday.
- Langdon Park will be closed on Sunday, July 3.
- Elmwood Dunes will be closed on Sunday, July 3.