Sailing Beach General Information
Season: Sailing season begins May 7 and ends October 16
- May 7-27- Open daily, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- May 28 through September 5- 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- September 6 through October 16- 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Would you like to keep your boat on the Sailing Beach? All spaces on the Wilmette Sailing Beach are currently filled. CLICK HERE to add yourself to the vessel waitlist of your choosing. Waitlist vessel types are: stand up paddleboard (SUP); windsurfer; monohull (which includes kayaks); sunfish and lasers/laser II; and catamaran.
Vessel Waitlist Self-Check
To see your status on the Sailing Beach waitlist, CLICK HERE
Boat RentalsThe Wilmette Park District offers a variety of vessels available for rental on Saturdays and Sundays from June 4 through August 14. Rental blocks begin at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m. Rentals can be reserved no more than a week in advance of the date of use.
Staff is on hand to help visitors evaluate their skills and to assess weather conditions. For safety, staff reserves the right to refuse rentals at any time.
CLICK HERE to search available time slots for the upcoming week!
KAYAK & SUP
- Stand Up Paddleboard or Single Kayak R-$53 / NR-$67
- Double Kayak R-$79 / NR-$99
HOBIE & SUNFISH
- Sunfish R-$55 / NR-$61
- Hobie Wave R-$77 / NR-$87
- Hobie Getaway R-$90 / NR-$100
- Anyone who is looking to rent a vessel must be 18 years of age or older.
- Parking is not included in the rental price.
- 2 individuals per vessel are granted access into the sailing area for the rental time only.
2022 Sailing Lessons
All of our lessons for the 2022 season are full. Check back next year!
IMPORTANT RULES AT A GLANCE
- No swimming or wading allowed at the Sailing Beach.
- ID cards are required for access to the Sailing Beach.
- No dogs allowed on the Sailing Beach.
- The sailing road is for pickup/dropoff only. Vehicles must park in designated parking areas outside the Sailing Beach gate.
- Glass bottles, alcohol, portable grills, tents, canopies, tables, or E-Z Ups are not allowed at the Sailing Beach.
- DNR registration is required for all sailing vessels, i.e. Catamarans, Lasers, Sunfish.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q - How do I get a membership to the sailing beach?
A - You must get on the waiting list for your preferred vessel. All vessels have a waiting list at this time.
Q - Can I bring food and drink onto the sailing beach?
A - Yes, you are allowed to bring food. Glass containers or bottles are not allowed and alcohol is prohibited.
Q - Can I get on the water if I don't have a sailing membership?
A - Gillson beach offers private lessons and boat rentals on the weekend for both residents and non-residents, call our sailing office for more info.
Q - Can I bring my SUP or kayak and use it at Gillson beach?
A - A trail-in season permit is required for all self-launch vessels at Gillson beach and are limited to SUP, kayak, canoe and windsurfer. Trail-in permits allow for launch on south beach and in the cove and does not give you access to the sailing beach. Click HERE to learn more about trail-in permits.
Megan White, Lakefront Operations Supervisor
Tel: 847-256-9658 | Email: email@example.com
Ben Wozney, Lakefront General Manager
Tel: 847-256-9659 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org